Green Card Request
Get a Green Card for Travel Abroad
As the UK have now left the EU, you may not require a green card when you drive in the EU. It’s recommended that you contact your insurance broker /insurer before travelling to ensure you have the right information. It may be, that you do not require a Green Card for travel in the EU (including Ireland), Andorra, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Serbia, and Switzerland. However you still need valid vehicle insurance.
You may need to carry a green card to drive in other countries, including:
You may also need additional insurance for your vehicle, trailer or caravan if you are towing.
Please contact us to discuss further or complete the form below to request a Green Card.
14 days notice is required for any Green Card request.
- To help reduce the chances of breaking down, have your car serviced before you take it abroad
- Contact your broker or insurer to make sure that you have adequate cover for driving abroad. Some companies limit comprehensive cover to a fixed number of days abroad in one trip or only provide the legal minimum.
- Make sure you take your driving licence, vehicle ownership, printed Green Card and motor insurance certificate with you when driving abroad.
- Make sure you have a separate Green Card for vehicles you tow including larger trailers and caravans as well as one for your vehicle.
- Get familiar with the motoring laws of the country you will be driving in by checking on the UK Government website. In some countries you are required to keep emergency items, such as a warning triangle, first aid kit and/or fluorescent jacket in the vehicle at all times.
- Make sure that your emergency medical and travel insurance are up to date.
- If you have one your European Health Insurance Card is still valid or apply for a new Global Health Insurance Card but be aware that this is not valid in all countries